Certain types of electromagnetic radiation can be used to treat some skin disorders. Link to DermNet NZ's pages on phototherapy.
- Heliotherapy (natural sunlight therapy)
- Blue light acne treatment Blue light is also used to treat neonatal jaundice.
- UVB therapy
- Narrowband UVB therapy
- UVA1 therapy
- Targeted phototherapy
- Home phototherapy
- Excimer 308 nm laser treatment
- Photochemotherapy (PUVA)
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT) including Metvix PDT for skin cancers
- Phototherapy online course for health professionals