Ear skin problems
What conditions affect the ear?
Although the ear may be involved with many skin conditions, the most common are listed here.
- Moles (melanocytic naevi)
- Actinic keratoses
- Skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, keratoacanthoma, atypical fibroxanthoma and melanoma
- Gouty tophi
- Keloid scars
Inflammatory skin conditions
- Chondrodermatitis nodularis helicis
- Otitis externa
- Contact allergic dermatitis to nickel
- Juvenile spring eruption
- Cutaneous lupus erythematosus
- Relapsing polychondritis