Home » Website terms and conditions of use
1. These terms and conditions dated 26 September 2017 apply to your access to, and use of, the DermNet website (dermnetnz.org) and online shop (shop.dermnetnz.org). If you continue to use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. These terms and conditions may be amended by us without notice from time to time. Amendments will be effective at the time the amended terms and conditions are posted on this website. You are responsible for ensuring you are aware of the current terms and conditions.
3. The terms “DermNet” "DermNet NZ", “we”, “us” and “our” are a reference to DermNet New Zealand Trust. References to “you” and “your” are a reference to you as a user of this website.
4. If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact us.
5. You agree not to use this website to:
(a) upload, post or otherwise transmit or disseminate any software, material, comment or information that is unlawful, tortious, obscene, defamatory, pornographic, indecent, harassing, threatening, hateful, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, or otherwise objectionable;
(b) infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other person;
(c) undertake any purpose that is unlawful or not permitted by these terms and conditions or contemplated within the ordinary use of this website;
(d) interfere with the operation of this website via the use of viruses, programs or technology designed to disrupt or damage software or hardware;
(e) employ a robot, spider or other process or device to harvest e-mail addresses or other information or to monitor activity on this website; or
(f) obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through this website; or
(g) impersonate another person or entity.
6. You agree that your use of and reliance on information on this website is entirely at your own risk. You acknowledge that while we endeavour to ensure that the information we have provided on this website is accurate, we do not make any representation or warranty that the information we have provided is accurate or up-to-date, and we assume no responsibility for any consequences of relying on such information.
7. The information on this website represents the current view of the contributing authors and photographers, and does not necessarily represent the view of DermNet, our sponsors or other contributing institutions or individual. The inclusion on the website of advertisements for specific products or manufacturers does not indicate endorsement by DermNet, our sponsors or other contributing institutions or individuals.
8. The information provided on this website is not intended to represent medical advice to any person on any specific matter and should not substitute any advice or treatment from a medical practitioner. You must consult your physician or a specialist dermatologist before relying on any information on this website. Users who place reliance on the information contained on this website do so entirely at their own risk and no action or claim can be brought against DermNet or the contributing authors or photographers for any consequences arising out of such reliance.
11. All information on this website is protected by copyright. We are the owners, or are licensed users, of all intellectual property rights used on or in connection with this website, including (but not limited to) the topic pages, images and trademarks used on this website.
12. The use of our topic pages and low resolution watermarked images for the purpose of education is encouraged. You may use these images and topic pages on this website in accordance with the licensing requirements of Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 (New Zealand), available here.
13. By way of summary (and without limitation) you may use and share the low resolution images and topic pages on this website provided you abide by the following terms:
(a) Attribution: you must give appropriate credit to DermNet, provide a link to the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 (New Zealand), available here, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests that DermNet endorses you or your use;
(b) Non-Commercial: you may not use content or images from this website for commercial purposes;
(c) No Derivatives: if you remix, transform, or build upon any images or content from this website, you may not distribute the modified material; and
(d) No additional restrictions: you may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the Creative Commons license permits.
14. Subject to clause 12, reproduction of the content of this site for any other purposes, in part or in whole, will only be permitted with the written permission of DermNet.
15. Certain images can be made available to you in high quality, without a watermark and/or for commercial uses. Please contact us for more information and for terms and conditions.
16. For general correspondence, questions and queries about images, contact us.
17. To assist us in helping your queries, identify an image of interest, click on the thumbnail to reveal the watermarked 640 x 480 px copy. Right click (on Mac, control-click) on this image to open a new window or tab, and provide us with the image file number, file name or pathway in the address.
18. You acknowledge and agree that:
(a) to the maximum extent permitted at law but subject to the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, any and all liability of DermNet and our trustees, officers and employees to you under or in connection with these terms and conditions, this website or your use of this website and its content is excluded;
(b) the exclusion in paragraph 18(a) applies regardless of whether liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity or by statute, and whether such liability is for direct, indirect, consequential or punitive losses or damages, or loss of profit, income, data, business opportunity or anticipated savings;
(c) Dermnet expressly excludes any warranties as to the security of this website, and will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by spyware, viruses, worms, trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature that may be transmitted to your computer by use of the website;
(d) this website will not operate on a continuous basis, and may be unavailable from time to time (including for maintenance purposes) and Dermnet will have no liability if the website is unavailable at any point in time;
(e) DermNet may, at any time and for any reason, make the website, or any part of the website unavailable to you or any other person; and
(f) all warranties, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy, currency, completeness, fitness for purpose or usefulness of the information contained in this website are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
19. You agree to indemnify, and keep indemnified, us and our trustees, officers and employees against any and all actions, claims, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including legal costs) suffered or incurred by any of those persons arising out of or in connection with your use of this website other than in accordance with these terms and conditions.
20. If any provision of these terms and conditions becomes or is held invalid, unenforceable or illegal (whether partly or in full) for any reason, that provision (or part of that provision) will be severed from the remaining terms and conditions, which will continue in full force and effect.
21. These terms and conditions, your use of this website, any information contained on it, and any dispute arising out of such use of this website are subject to the laws of New Zealand. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand in relation to these terms and conditions, your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of this website.
© 2018 DermNet New Zealand Trust.
DermNet NZ does not provide an online consultation service. If you have any concerns with your skin or its treatment, see a dermatologist for advice.